As we enter 2019, we would like to highlight some of the major changes that happened with SitePad in 2018. It was a wonderful year at SitePad and we are confident 2019 will be much bigger with several new features coming up in this year.
Major Changes in SitePad Plugin in 2018
Added Re-branding Option: Re-branding option has been added for Direct Admin, and Plesk control panel. Documentation
Added ACL: Added Plans option which will help admins to create plans where they can restrict number of themes, sites, pages and blog posts for specific users/control panel plan. At the moment this feature is available only in cPanel. Documentation
Added Download Option: Added a Download Option in Editor which can be only enabled/disabled by Admin via SitePad Admin Panel. Documentation
Support for PHP 7.1 and 7.2: With PHP community releasing new branches faster than ever, we have made changes in SitePad to support all the latest versions of PHP. We also made structure changes in SitePad to make sure SitePad works fine when you upgrade the 3rd party PHP version.
Bug Fixes and Improvement: Made some minor and major improvements and several bug fixes.
Major Changes in SitePad Editor Server in 2018
Added Cookie Consent Option in the Settings Page. Now user can create their own Cookie Consent Policy. Documentation
Added Option to publish only a Specific Page.
Added Comments Widget option. Currently, Disqus commenting system is supported. Documentation
We have released few updates on SitePad Editor server this month and here are the details:
1) [Feature] Added Support for RSS Feed. You can access your RSS feed at http://yourdomain.com/feed
2) [Feature] Added an option to use the email provided by the users in Contact Form as Reply To email for the email that is received by the admin when any visitor submits the Contact Form. This can be configured from the SitePad Editor Contact Form widget.
3) [Feature] Added option to use custom recipient and sender and subject for separate contact forms. This can be configured by assigning unique IDs to your contact forms from the editor and then creating templates with these IDs from SitePad panel -> Settings -> Contact Form page.
4) [Update] Added an option in “Icon” widget to open URL link in New tab.
5) [Update] Added option to show text over Image in the Image widget.
6) [Update] Added possibility to use the comma in the counter displayed in the theme(s) which use the counter.
7) [Update] Changed the duplicate object and delete object icons in SitePad editor.
8) [Update] Updated Russian translations.
9) [Bug Fix] In Grid Gallery, the Gallery module had a bug when multiple galleries were added on the same page. The images in the first gallery were displayed in the other galleries. This has been fixed now.
10) [Bug Fix] In Grid Gallery “Gallery” module when Pagination was enabled the caption were not visible. This has been fixed now.
11) [Bug Fix] When Cloning an existing page with custom styles defined using Edit Elements the custom styles were not cloned. This has been fixed now.
12) [Bug Fix] When post slider was added in the Header and the “Posts type” option was set to pages it did not allow the user to Edit any pages. It showed an error message “content missing”. This has been fixed now.
We have released few updates on SitePad Editor server last month and here are the details:
1) [Feature] Added Option to Download the website files in ZIP format.
2) [Feature] Added Option to Publish only a specific page.
3) [Feature] Added Pagination option for “Gallery” in Grid Gallery.
4) [Feature] Added Option to show or hide the Image Title when displaying Images in “Gallery” in Grid Gallery.
5) [Feature] Added Option in Site Title Widget such as changing Site Title, adding a logo with the title, alignment, margin, etc.
6) [Feature] Added Option for Title color in Service Box widget.
7) [Update] Updated Hungarian translation.
8) [Update] Updated French translation.
9) [Bug Fix] On preview of Header or Footer Page it was showing double Header or double Footer. This has been fixed now.
10) [Bug Fix] The URL for categories and tags were not published properly when the default blog page was not selected. This has been fixed now.
11) [Bug Fix] When using Greek characters in Site Title for Meta tag after save it was being converted into HTML characters. This has been fixed now.
12) [Bug Fix] When USER MOD DIR domains were selected from Softaculous and when the user would click on SitePad it would show invalid domain error. This has been fixed now USER MOD DIR domains are allowed for SitePad.
13) [Bug Fix] In Embed when a code with an image that used dynamic variables on Publish it would save as a normal image. This has been fixed now.
We have released a new update to SitePad Editor server this month and here are the details:
[Feature] A Gallery Module has been added for SitePad in Grid Gallery Widget. This Gallery Module includes many customization options such as thumbnail border size, thumbnail border color, gallery frame border size, gallery frame border color etc.
SitePad aims at providing only quality themes. In order to maintain themes quality, we have removed certain old themes from our themes directory.
Here is the list of all 19 themes that we have removed from SitePad themes directory :
Please Note: Users that are already using these themes will not be affected. They will still be able to manage their site in our editor as before. However, users will not be able to activate the above themes anymore.