As we enter 2019, we would like to highlight some of the major changes that happened with SitePad in 2018. It was a wonderful year at SitePad and we are confident 2019 will be much bigger with several new features coming up in this year.
Major Changes in SitePad Plugin in 2018
Added Re-branding Option: Re-branding option has been added for Direct Admin, and Plesk control panel. Documentation
Added ACL: Added Plans option which will help admins to create plans where they can restrict number of themes, sites, pages and blog posts for specific users/control panel plan. At the moment this feature is available only in cPanel. Documentation
Added Download Option: Added a Download Option in Editor which can be only enabled/disabled by Admin via SitePad Admin Panel. Documentation
Support for PHP 7.1 and 7.2: With PHP community releasing new branches faster than ever, we have made changes in SitePad to support all the latest versions of PHP. We also made structure changes in SitePad to make sure SitePad works fine when you upgrade the 3rd party PHP version.
Bug Fixes and Improvement: Made some minor and major improvements and several bug fixes.
Major Changes in SitePad Editor Server in 2018
Added Cookie Consent Option in the Settings Page. Now user can create their own Cookie Consent Policy. Documentation
Added Option to publish only a Specific Page.
Added Comments Widget option. Currently, Disqus commenting system is supported. Documentation
SitePad now comes with an important feature to Add, Edit and Delete plans for your users.
You can now create a plan for your users and restrict features based on which plan they belong to. We have made this feature simple and easy to implement.
Benefits of creating a Plan
Restrict the number of Pages user can create
Restrict the number of Blog Posts user can create
Restrict the number of Sites user can create
Choose the themes available to the user
As a hosting provider you might have already created different hosting packages priced as per the features allowed in the package. Plans can be useful to restrict SitePad features for your users based on the hosting package they have purchased with you.
You can also create plans in SitePad based on your control panel packages so any new user under that control panel plan will automatically fall under the assigned plan in SitePad.
For e.g. you have 3 hosting packages Bronze, Silver and Gold so you can restrict the SitePad features as follows :
Bronze Package :
3 Pages allowed
3 Blog Posts allowed
1 Site allowed
5 Themes to choose from
Silver Package :
10 Pages allowed
10 Blog Posts allowed
3 Sites allowed
50 Themes to choose from
Gold Package :
Unlimited Pages allowed
Unlimited Blog Posts allowed
Unlimited Site allowed
Allow all SitePad Themes to choose from
Steps to create a Plan
Login to your WHM panel as root and access Plugins -> SitePad admin panel -> Plans -> Add Plan Page as shown in the image below.
Now that you are on the Add Plan page. Choose a Plan Name for e.g. Gold.
Select the control panel packages or users who should be assigned under this SitePad plan.
Select the number of pages, blog posts, sites to be allowed under this SitePad plan.
Choose the themes that should be allowed to the users under this SitePad plan. If you would like to allow all the themes then do not select any theme and SitePad will allow all the existing themes as well as the new themes added in SitePad.
Click on the Save Plan button.
That’s it ! You have successfully created a SitePad Plan.
The image below explains the options available on the create plan page.
We have released few updates on SitePad Editor server this month and here are the details:
1) [Feature] Added Support for RSS Feed. You can access your RSS feed at http://yourdomain.com/feed
2) [Feature] Added an option to use the email provided by the users in Contact Form as Reply To email for the email that is received by the admin when any visitor submits the Contact Form. This can be configured from the SitePad Editor Contact Form widget.
3) [Feature] Added option to use custom recipient and sender and subject for separate contact forms. This can be configured by assigning unique IDs to your contact forms from the editor and then creating templates with these IDs from SitePad panel -> Settings -> Contact Form page.
4) [Update] Added an option in “Icon” widget to open URL link in New tab.
5) [Update] Added option to show text over Image in the Image widget.
6) [Update] Added possibility to use the comma in the counter displayed in the theme(s) which use the counter.
7) [Update] Changed the duplicate object and delete object icons in SitePad editor.
8) [Update] Updated Russian translations.
9) [Bug Fix] In Grid Gallery, the Gallery module had a bug when multiple galleries were added on the same page. The images in the first gallery were displayed in the other galleries. This has been fixed now.
10) [Bug Fix] In Grid Gallery “Gallery” module when Pagination was enabled the caption were not visible. This has been fixed now.
11) [Bug Fix] When Cloning an existing page with custom styles defined using Edit Elements the custom styles were not cloned. This has been fixed now.
12) [Bug Fix] When post slider was added in the Header and the “Posts type” option was set to pages it did not allow the user to Edit any pages. It showed an error message “content missing”. This has been fixed now.
2017 has been a big year for SitePad !! As we bid goodbye to 2017, its time to review the changes in the past 12 months.
Major changes in 2017
We released the first stable version of SitePad on 1st February 2017
Added several features, bug fixes and improvements.
Added 150+ new templates across wide range of categories. Check out the templates here.
We also added many new partners this year who started offering SitePad website builder to their clients to build their website using a drag & drop website builder. Check out our NOC partners list here.
Some of the features we added this year include :
We moved our editor servers to NGINX and started using CDN which makes our editor servers perform much faster.
Added integration with Interworx, pd-admin and ISPmanager control panels.
Added support for Google Analytics, Sitemap and Meta tags (SEO).
Added support for Publish over FTPS as first preference for secure website publishing.
Added option to Clone an existing site.
Added White labelling options.
Added API support which allows admin to configure SitePad link into their custom control/billing panel.
& many more… !
We would like to Thank all our clients for showing confidence in our products. We appreciate your business with us and assure you that we will deliver more features and enhancements in 2018
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at SitePad !!
SitePad aims at providing only quality themes. In order to maintain themes quality, we have removed certain old themes from our themes directory.
Here is the list of all 19 themes that we have removed from SitePad themes directory :
Please Note: Users that are already using these themes will not be affected. They will still be able to manage their site in our editor as before. However, users will not be able to activate the above themes anymore.